The Doorbell LED indicator has not turned to steady white during the pairing process.
If the LED indicator light did not turn a steady white during the paring process, the Doorbell and the Base Station are not yet connected.
Before pairing the Doorbell and Base Station, confirm the Doorbell LED status below, and follow the recommended action.
Connect the Base Station to the Doorbell
- Press the Base Station button one time. When the Base Station LED light flashes slowly, tap Next.
- If the Base Station's LED does not flash slowly, wait a few more seconds. The Base Station may still be configuring the WiFi signal.
- Insert the fully-charged Doorbell battery. Find the reset button located on the back of the Doorbell, and use a pin to press the reset button once. When the LED indicator turns to steady white, tap Next.
- If you get a "Connection Error", wait a few seconds before proceeding to the next step. The Base Station may still be in the process of connecting to the Doorbell.
- Ring the Doorbell to test the connection between the Base Station and Doorbell. Tap Continue.
- If the Doorbell rang, but the Base Station did not chime, wait 60 seconds. It may take extra time for the first connection.
- Still not hearing the chime in the Base Station? See: The Base Station doesn't ring when the Doorbell is pressed.
You can also refer to the Set Up Guide for more detailed information and guidance.